It’s Saturday afternoon and I’ve already spent more than 5 hours working on work—things that could have waited until Monday. So I started to think about it: about work, and its impact on me, my family, friends, hobbies, and time. After some self-reflection, I jotted-down a few questions that I’ll pose to you.
- Do you get more excited about your work than about anything else?
- Do you work in bed? While eating? On weekends? On vacation?
- Do you consistently work more than 40 hours a week?
- Do you talk about work more than anything else?
- Have family and friends stopped asking you to join them for social activities?
- Do you worry about the future even when things are going well?
- Do you get annoyed when people ask you to stop working in order to do something else?
- Has your focus on work put a strain on your family or other…
View original post 714 more words